How to File a Pass Protection Claim
Filing a claim involves two time-sensitive steps.
- Report the reason that’s preventing you from using your pass. (You must report your reason for filing within 20 days of the ‘loss’ reason, or as soon as is reasonably possible.)
- Grab your supporting documents and finish your claim.
(You must finish your claim and provide all required supporting documents within 90 days of the ‘loss’ reason, or as soon as is reasonably possible.)
If you need to review and sign a claim someone else has started or filed on your behalf
If someone else has started or filed a claim on your behalf, you will still need to review the claim and sign the claim.
You will receive an email from Spot inviting you to access a Spot account we have set up for you.
Upon logging in, you will be able to view all information provided as part of the claim and all documents uploaded as part of the claim. If all looks good, you will be asked to sign the claim so it can be submitted.
Report the reason that’s preventing you from using your pass
Reporting and starting your claim involves these steps:
- Tell us the details of what happened
- The reason for filing
- The date you knew you were no longer able to use your pass or passes due to the claim reason
- And any additional information or context for the claim
- Tell us which pass or passes you are filing a claim for.
- You will be able to review the information you told us to report and start your.
Once you submit the first part of your claim, you will be asked if you would like to continue on to finish your claim or return later to finish. You will have 90 days from the ‘loss’ reason, or as soon as is reasonably possible to finish your claim.
Grab your supporting documents and finish your claim.
Finishing and submit your claim involves these steps:
- We’ll ask you to help us understand your relationship to the pass holders for all the passes the claim is being filed for. Whether the passes below belong to you, your dependent, or someone else.
- We’ll ask you to upload a list of required supporting documents. The required supporting documents will differ depending on the reason for the claim.
- If you don’t have all your documents, you will still be able to complete your claim, and you can return to your Spot account any time within 90 days of the ‘loss’ reason, or as soon as is reasonably possible to upload your required documents.
- We’ll ask if any of the passes you’re filing claims for had other insurance or protective coverages.
*Depending on the reasoning for filling a claim, we may request additional supporting information and documentation.
Once Your Claim is Submitted To Spot
Once your claim has been submitted to Spot, you will be able to view your claim details and claim status within your Spot Account. A Claims Advocate will also be in touch to review the details of your claim and answer any questions.
Benefit assignment and payment authorization
Upon submitting a claim, you will have the option to download a Payment Authorization Form or an Alternate Payee Form to assign where benefit for the claim should get paid out in the event your claim is successful.
The Payment Authorization Form is to be filled out if you intend to collect the benefit for your own passes, and the Alternate Payee Form is to be filled out if you intend to assign the benefit to another person.
You will need to download and complete one of these forms if your claim is successful. You may also wait until a decision has been reached on your claim before completing these forms.
Each passholder will be able to specify where the benefit for their pass should get paid out if the claim is covered.
*Please note that Pass Protection policies are broken into Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage depending on the details of the covered event that occurred. This has implications for covered claim reasons and benefit amounts.
Trip Cancellation vs. Trip Interruption
Cancelation (Season Pass): The covered event occurred between the day after you purchased Pass Protection cost was received up to December 14, 2023 or before the time at which you begin to use your pass.
Cancelation (Daily Pass): The covered event occurred from the date after you purchased Pass Protection up to using your Pass.
Interruption (Season Pass): The covered event occurred between December 14, 2023, and May 30, 2024.
Interruption (Daily Pass): The covered event occurred between the first use of your Pass and the final use of your Pass.